Towards a Christian Theory of Government
This blog post is a linkfest/collection of my essays on this subject. I'm going to put a link to it on my sidebar and keep updating as I continue to add essays to this "project". The current list of scriptural-based moral rights is:
- A right to worship my God, or freedom of religion.
- A right to raise my family in a righteous manner
- A right not to be killed
- A right to property
- A right to a fair system of jurisprudence.
- A right to charity
- And sexual freedom is not a right.
- An early essay on a related topic is here.
- The post that started me off is here. In this I derive my methodology for extracting ethical rights from Scripture.
- I continue with the project here, starting to come up with my list of moral rights.
- Finally the list comes out here.
- Continuing in that vein, here.
- I consider that list of rights and how it might affect employer/employee relations here.
- Reload ... I need to take stock and reset my direction on this as the previous post left showed setting more groundwork is needed.
- A few differences noted between the set of rights I envision and those framed in the Declaration of Independence.
- Added (2/21) again restating and clarifying the original purpose.
- Freedom of Speech? In a word, yes.