Thursday, November 25

A Giving of Thanks

Well, after a quick peek around after getting back from the familial gathering, I see posting is light all over. Life is good for many of us bloggers.

I missed our church's Thanksgiving service. But I thought I'd close my Thanksgiving post with this (Joel 2 vv 21-27):

Fear not, O soil, rejoice and be glad;
For the Lord has wrought great deeds.
Fear not, O beasts of the field,
For the pastures in the wilderness
Are clothed with grass.
The trees have borne their fruit;
Fig tree and vine
Have yielded their strength.
O children of Zion be glad,
Rejoice in the Lord you God.
For He has given you the early rain in kindness,
Now He makes the rain fall as formerly ---
The early rain and the late --
And the threshing floors shall be piled with grain,
And the vats shall overflow with wine and new oil.

"I will repay you for the years
Consumed by swarms and hoppers,
By grubs and locusts,
The great army I let loose against you.
And you shall eat your fill
And praise the name of the Lord your God
Who dealt so wondrously with you ---
My people shall be shamed no more.
And you shall know
That I am in the midst of Israel;
That I the Lord am your God
And there is no other.
And my people shall be shamed no more.


Grace and Peace to all through Christ our Lord, and may the Lord Bless our Nation.